Re: Supporting "Cancel"

That sounds ugly.

To be honest the real answer will be unpopular but since the old system is unusable, not maintainable it should be replaced. I think if you estimated the time / cost to rebuild the system from scratch it would still be the better than trying to continue with this PITA system.

Why don't you at least start on a new UI from this point and show the company the benefits and then work on replacing the old UI?

I think holding on to the old way of doing things just because so much time was put into it is perhaps a short term solution.

Dan T