Re: problems with several JPEGs in GD2

AdamT wrote:
> I usually either open the image with notepad, or some Hex Editor, and
> see what the bits are in the file header (eg BM for Bitmap, Gif89a for
> GIFs, JFIF for JPEGs...)

It actually is called a "header" in most formal graphic specifications
I've read...

Checking the actual bytes of an image, especially the first few, is always
a Good Idea.

But having the first few bytes "correct" doesn't guarantee validity, of
course.

Even the fact that one or more other software packages can work with an
image doesn't guarantee validity, really.  Though if a LOT of them work
with it, it's probably valid.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm