Re: On Topic - Theoretical Concents of Anti-password trading/sharing solutions

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:58, Dan Trainor wrote:

[-- SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP --]

Dear Dan,

You have yourself to blame for the responses you have been receiving.
You opened up the floodgates of personal opinion when you mentioned your
were a pr0n pusher. The fact that you deal with adult content was
completely irrelevant to your technical question. While I agree that
what you do is your own business, any person who finds your actions
reprehensible will more than likely find themselves morally obliged to
weigh in on their distaste.

Sincerely,
Rob.

And with that, I'd like to say that, as helpful as this list has been in regards to the subject that I have set forth, I won't continue this thread any longer. You guys can, but I won't.

I've obviously struck a sour cord and made many people very angry, and although this was not my intent, I hope we can all take this as a learning experience - to learn what kind of questions not to ask.

If anyone would like to continue this converstaion privately, I would be more than happy to respond. However, I believe that it is in the better interest of the majority of the members on the list to discontinue this converstaion, and move it to a private conversation.

Jochem, and Rasmus, for that matter, should not be offended by what I had to say. Rasmus deserves much credit for his work in regards to PHP, but me, not being aware of who he actually was prior to all this, did not see how he might be able to contribute *directly* to this subject. When I asked what he has got to do with this, I believe what was interpreted was out of context. Appologies are given where deserved, and I'm sorry.

Thanks again all, for your replies.
-dant