Re: Semi-OT: Anti-password trading/sharing solutions

AdamT wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:42:37 -0800 (PST), Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know absolutely nothing about how ProxyPass, iProtect, and PureMember
work

'Pure'member seems such an odd choice of name for something used on pr0n sites.

This product is not marketed exclusively for 'pr0n' sites.

I'm not really sure if it matters what you think of the name of a product, ever. Wait, nope. It doesn't. Not at all.

I obviously pissed off many people for asking a simple question. Some of the feedback I've gotten was completely uncalled for, and many of you responded in a less than professional manner. However, those of you that did respond in a professional manner, I greatly appreciate your feedback.

I'm not trying to tell anyone that the industry that I work for is ideal, and they should love it. Unfortunately, some people think that this is what I was saying. The only thing that I can say to you few people is to sod off. You're not making anyone else angry except for yourselves.

This list is a very valuable resource to me. I enjoy PHP a lot, but I do get stuck on occasion, and when I ask a question to the list, I know that I can get the very best of help because there are some very clever people on this list. With that being said, I thought I'd go ahead and ask my original question, expecting clever answers from clever people.

I'm not going to defend my industry or advocate my trade. However, I am going to personally apologize for pissing so many people off. This was clearly not my intent.

Thanks for the time
-dant