Re: Problem submitting a POST request "by hand"

--- Vallo Reima <vallo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I send the parameters from one php script to another via POST method.
> The solution works (see example  below) but the receiver page loads
> ONLY if I include the echo $c; command after send_host (see PROBLEM!!!
> line).

Without looking at your code, I can tell that this seems to not be a
problem at all but rather a misunderstanding about what you're doing.

A client sends a request to a server, and the content of the response is
displayed. This is an oversimplified explanation of how a typical HTTP
transaction works.

In your case, the client sends a request to the server (you), and you're
sending a request to another server while the client waits on your
response. If you don't send anything, the client won't receive anything -
it's pretty simple, really. :-)

In other words:

Client   <--->   You   <--->   Other Server

Hope that helps.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security - O'Reilly     HTTP Developer's Handbook - Sams
Coming Soon                 http://httphandbook.org/