Re: Re: Getting PHP to work with MySQL 4.1.10 under Fedora

On 2/28/2005 8:27 AM Robby Russell wrote:
On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 07:30 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

On 2/28/2005 2:47 AM M. Sokolewicz wrote:

well, for some reason it didn't compile in the mysql extension at all... even though it was configured to. That's strange, and I have no idea why it would do that. However, since you're using mysql 4.1.x, you should be using the mysqli interface anyway. Even phpmyadmin has the option to use mysqli instead of mysql; you just need to configure it that way (via config.inc.php)

- tul

I'll try that, but I'd really like to know why it didn't compile in the mysql extension. That was my impression as well, but I couldn't see why that would be the case and am too new to know for sure that this was the case.

Where would I look for the mysqli interface documentation? Is it in the MySQL documentation or the PHP documentation (or both or neither)?

Do you have mysql-devel installed? (since you installed via RPM).

Yes, I installed MySQL-server, MySQL-client, MySQL-devel, and MySQL-bench, in addition to the shared compatibility libs.