Re: getting mac id

But think that not everbody has a computer in his house,especially in
3rd world countries. Here in Peru and in another countries from
Sudamerica,lot of people play this mmorpgs,like Knigths Online,WoW or
Mu,in lan houses. If you ban the pc, none of the users who will play
at this computer will be able to do it.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:52:02 -0800, Tyler Replogle <dbnm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've been on this mailing list for quite a while, but i think this is my
> first question. I'm not sure though.
>
> Well here goes.
>
> I'm working at this site that has an MMORPG, a big online game, and we have
> this ban script. it bans the ip for the user and the user acount for an
> amount of time. This doesn't seem to be doing its job because people just
> change there ip and make a new user.
>
> I know there isn't any full way to ban some one from a site, but i've been
> think and getting the mac id of a computer would work a lot better then ip.
> I'm not sure how to get teh mac id of a computer though. If any of you know
> how to can you please tell me. It doesn't just have to be with use php we
> own the server can we can installl other apps, but many others are on the
> server anyways.
>
> So how do i get the mac id of a user that is going on to my server?
>
> --

lancer emotion 16