RE: PHP slowness

> Hi there, just for testings sake, you should get a script that figures
> out the page generation time for a php script... As luck would have it,
> I made a class for this not too long ago.  give this a whirl.
>
> First, create a php script with this in it...

<--snip-->

> It will color code it for you and everything, give it a whirl and let us
> know what it tells you.

Good one. A simple index gives me this:
0.001297 seconds

Which is normal. All it does is request a counter from the DB and add 1 to
it. However, the page STILL takes 5 seconds to load. Or rather; for 5
seconds it does NOTHING and then it suddenly loads.
This is not the case with .htm and .html files, they load at once...
Somewhere there must be something which slows the execution of .php files
for (exactly) 5 seconds.

I just don't know what to think of this anymore :S

- Gerard