Re: PHP and Access

Bruno Santos wrote:
> I need to to an application in PHP with graphics creation.
> The database where i need to go and fetch the values is access.
> is possible for PHP to fecth values from an access database ??

Sure!

You can Google for "PHP MS-Access" and find a ton of info.

I'm pretty sure it (still) boils down to setting up a DSN in Windows and
using http://php.net/odbc

NOTE:
MS-Access was *NOT* designed for multi-user multi-threaded usage.  If
*two* people try to use MS-Access at once (IE, if two people surf to your
site at the same time) MS-Access will most likely crash.

If at all possible, I'd recommend generating the images "in advance" and
using the generated images on the web.  You can do a scheduled task to
updatethem every few minutes or whatever, and control connections to the
MS-Access db that way.

You may also want to consider just exporting the data and dumping it into
MySQL and using one of the pre-existing PHP Graphing libraries "out there"
-- If you want bar charts or pie charts, there are some excellent
libraries already written that you can just "plug in" to your database and
be done -- But they may not support Access, so a quick CSV dump and import
to MySQL will do the trick, still faster than writing your own, if not as
fun :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm