Re: Not able to add data to a MySQL database

You've got errors in your SQL.
For once, table-names should not be quoted (with single or double quotes), same goes for column names ('uname' and 'access' in your example).

Easiest way to find out without asking is to add a call to mysql_error(), so called "error handling"...! That would've told you about the syntax errors. Fix those, and it should work just fine

- tul

Vaibhav Sibal wrote:

Hi,
I am not able to insert data into my mysql database using php even if
i use a simple code as follows :
<?php
$link=mysql_connect("localhost","username","password");
mysql_select_db("test_db");
$query="INSERT INTO 'login' ('uname','access') VALUES ('try','super')";
mysql_query($query,$link);
?>

even after running this code on the server, there was no change in the
mysql database as seen by the phpmyadmin. Ive tried it with another
file and another table, but its not just happening. Though earlier
attempts with Mysql had worked, but those only involved reading data
from the database and I havent been able to write to it even once
since I have started working. Please help me out with this, in case
there is some information that I should have provided here and its not
there please ask for it, I will be more than happy to provide it.

Thanks
Vaibhav