Help Required: How to call .vbs file from .php file?

Hi,
I am in desperate need of some help in calling a vbscript file from a php
file.
I have searched high and low and have come up with nothing that will do it.
I have found one example of a html file, which will call a vbscript file when
the html file is double-clicked, but wont work if the file is viewd from the
http://localhost.
I really need a solution to this problem, any help you could offer would be
appreciated greatly.
Thanks,
Laura