Re: password case sensitive

William Stokes wrote:
Hello,

I got my little user authentication to work but now I would like to know how to make and check the (upper/lower) case in password. To put it simple. I want users password to be case sensitive.

The authentication checks for returned number of rows from DB. If there is one matching row the user is authenticated ok.
Is it possible to check the case sensitiviness in this kind of authentication or do I need to do this differently.

you need to do something like " username='$sanitizedUserName' " in your SQL... you also need to enter the usernames in the DB case-sensitive you also might need to make sure that you are using a case-sensitive collation order in your query.

why not add 2 users to the DB and test to see what happens?:

username	userpwd
Will		test2
will		test1

Thanks