Re: cannot remove cookies

Bruno Santos wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm using 2 cookies to control some user environmente.
> every time the user logs in, the cookie is set, but when i try to change
> the value of that cookie,
> deleting it firts and then setting a new one with another value, when i
> print the value of that cookie
> the value is never the new one, but always the firts.
>
> im setting the cookie with:
> setcookie ("cookie_name",cookie_value,time()+time-to-expiration);
>
> when deleting it, i do
> setcookie ("cookie_name");
> or
> setcookie ("cookie_name","",time()-time-to-expiration);

time-to-expiration may as well be something fixed and fairly large...
this way you account for a computer's clock being off from the actual
time.  3600 is good.  I'm guessing that this is the cause of your problem...

> but it never works

If this is a session cookie that you are trying to destroy then you
should go ahead and destroy both the session as well as the cookie.

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2