errors in insert queries

I am having problems making proper insert queries against a MS SQL box
when using a Linux server.  A little background info, I have had this
working "correctly" for many months.  I am running Fedora Core 1, have
compiled php 5.0.3 using the FreeTDS v.0.7 driver to access the MS SQL
2000 DBMS, and like I said, it has been working with out problems for
several months now.  I tried to update MySQL (which I also use locally
on the web server for certain projects), which went fine as well,
although after that every insert query I made against the MS SQL server
returned a failed status EVEN THOUGH the inserts were ACTUALLY made.  I
have seen posts to the PHP site with users of php v.4.x.x complaining
about this problem, and so far no answers on what to do to fix the
problem(s).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--Bryan