Re: MySQL and MySQLi compiling

Chris wrote:
> Hi, I've been trying to get these 2 compiled together for a while, and
> have had no luck.
>
> WHere my problem lies, I think, is that I'm not sure what directory
> should be specified on the --with-mysql part

Here's the deal:

"configure" needs to find *BOTH* 'mysql.h' files and
'mysql.so'/'mysql.lib' files *UNDER* the directory you feed it.

Figure out where your mysql.h files are.
Figure out where your mysql.lib/mysql.so files are.

Whatever directory structure they have in common, that's what you want.

In your case, since you were trying to use '/usr/include/mysql' I'm
betting that your mysql.lib and mysql.so are in '/usr/lib/mysql'

Which means that the only part in common those two directories have is
'/usr' and *THAT* is what you should use.

Again -- 'configure' has to start at the directory you feed it, and it has
to walk down the sub-directories, and it has to find both the 'mysql.h'
files and the 'mysql.lib/mysql.so' files.

Hope that helps.

PS This is true of all the extensions, and other configure scripts in
general.

PPS After you do a "make install" do an "ldconfig" if you are on a system
that uses "ldconfig" -- "man ldconfig" will tell you more, including show
you a 'verbose' option so you can confirm your software really really got
installed.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm