Re: Secure system calls -- how

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 05:42:21 +0100, Niels <zorglub_olsen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So my question is: Is sudo the best solution?

It all comes down to the fact that to do certain tasks you require
elevated permissions above and beyond what your web server user has as
it runs the web server.  There are many options, but sudo is
specifically written to achivieve secure temporary elevated
permissions.  If you roll your own solution you will arrive at the
same end result, an application that raises permissions.  I see no
reason to invent a new wheel.  You may, I don't know.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer