From: Richard Lynch [mailto:ceo@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:58 PM
To: Grimes, Dean
Cc: 'php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re:  ncurses woes...

Grimes, Dean wrote:
> Anybody out there doing any work with ncurses? I've been playing around
> with
> ncurses trying to figure it all out. I have had pretty good luck but I am
> finding a few issues and would like to know if other users are having the
> same problems. One of the problems I'm having is with function keys and
> arrow keys. I can trap on them OK but I haven't been able to keep the
> system
> from displaying their escape sequences on the screen. When this happens it
> corrupts the screen and skews the display.

I've got machines that do that even with vi, because I forced them to
upgrade that one thingie (readline?) you need for the arrow keys to work
for command history in MySQL/PostgreSQL, which means I had for force a
glibc upgrade.

Grrrr.

I think I'm lucky the damn thing works at all, from what I understand (or
don't) of glibc.

Anyway, I forget what it's called, but you might have a mis-match in the
glibc and that readline software versions...

> Also, I'm having some weirdness
> with mvwaddstr, I logged a bug on bugs.php.net #31876. I have test
> programs
> for anyone interested in taking a stab at some of the problems I've
> encountered. I've read all the documentation I could get my hands....that
> took about 10 minutes!

If ncurses is continues to give you trouble, you may want to consider PHP
GTK -- There is possibly a larger community of users working on that.

Or are you the guy needing to duplicate the green-on-black terminal
stuff?...

I was gonna say GTK wouldn't do so hot at that, but, actually, it MIGHT be
not that hard, now that I think about it.

http://gtk.php.net/

PS  If anybody knows how I can fix my glibc and readline issue on RedHat
9.x I'd surely welcome some input.  I use control-L a lot, but it's not
much fun.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm