Re: updating php

blackwater dev wrote:
> I have installed php5 fine on my Fedora 3 box.  I know need to
> recompile to add in a feature and did the same steps as the install
> ./configure, make, make install which went fine but when restart
> apache and go to the php.ini, my new configuration is not shown and

Go to php.ini, or did you look at <?php phpinfo()?>

The compilation process won't change your php.ini for you -- It's too
likely that you've already customized it, and you wouldn't want them to
write over it.

<?php phpinfo();?> should show you what you typed for configure.

If it's not the most recent thing you typed, then your make install didn't
work, or you didn't really re-start Apache.

> the code throws errors because it isn't there.  Is the process to
> upgrade different?

Not a LOT different, but if you have compiled your new extension as a
Module of PHP, then you may need to uncomment the line in PHP that enables
that extension.

If you compiled it as static (the default for almost all) then it should
"just work" when you re-start Apache.

Always check <?php phpinfo();?> to see if you've got what you think you've
got, and if the configure line matches what you typed.

There are error logs in the PHP source directory (config.log) that will
tell you more about what happened.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm