Re: Re: [users@httpd] Favorite Linux Distribution

I would agree with the Mandrake recommendation.

I first installed it a few years back, to help me get started in the Linux/Unix world, and had very little trouble with it. It's hardware recognition has always been very impressive. Since first installing Mandrake, I have often thought I should 'grow up' and try a more serious distribution, but I always end up coming back. Being Mandrake, it's as easy as you want to configure stuff, and being Linux, it's also as hard as you want. I've rarely had dependency problems, but then I don't really go in for exotic configurations.