Re: Re: updating php

blackwater dev wrote:
just tried it with make clean and still didn't seem to take.

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:22:37 -0500, blackwater dev <blackwaterdev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have installed php5 fine on my Fedora 3 box.  I know need to
recompile to add in a feature and did the same steps as the install

which feature(extension)?

./configure, make, make install which went fine but when restart
apache and go to the php.ini, my new configuration is not shown and

I wouldn't expect a new build to change/replace the ini file. you will need to add a line like:

extension=XXX

in order to have your extension loaded.
alternatively you may be able to load it with the dl() function.

the code throws errors because it isn't there. Is the process to

by 'it' I assume you mean an extension? also, postings the actual error output is never a bad idea - it may help to understand your problem.

upgrade different?

Thanks!