Re: Public/Private Key Encryption

Daniel Bowett wrote:
Is there any way I can use public/private key encryption in php in a similar way to mcrypt.

I have got php encrypting the data using gnugp but need to automate the decrytping element which is proving difficult because of the way the password is passed.

While Daniel has brang up the subject of encryption, and I know that the other day we were talking about storing CC numbers in a database - i don't think we touched on storing CCs encrypted with a gpg-stype encryption. Is this generally acceptable at all, or do you developers still not store CC numbers in any way, shape or form in a database?

THanks
-dant