Re: Problems with PHP and MySQL

Sarah wrote:
Hi,

I'm relatively new to PHP, but have already written a few functional web-based scripts. I recently decided to implement a MySQL-based system, but hit the following problem...

I have PHP version 5.03, and MySQL v 4.19. I downloaded and compiled both, and both work perfectly alone. However, when I run a command-line app to manipulate my database, I get the following error:

veep@tinsel:~# ./useradmin -a -u unclebulgaria -p uberwomble
constructor called

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in veep/useradmin on line 16

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_close() in /veep/useradmin on line 22
veep@tinsel:~#

I _think_, given the version of MySQL you are using, you should compile in and use the mysqli extension iso of the mysql extension. ^----!

these to links may help you:

http://www.zend.com/php5/articles/php5-mysqli.php
http://be.php.net/mysqli

failing that you might want to check this page for an overview of funcs you
can use to determine exactly what is available, with more accuracy than phpinfo()
e.g.:

var_dump( extension_loaded("mysql"),
	  extension_loaded("mysqli"),
	  get_loaded_extensions(),