Re: connection pooling

Bosky, Dave wrote:
What options are available regarding connection pooling using PHP?

I understand how to accomplish this using Java but PHP is another language.

for most db extensions there are persistent variants of the connect functions.

e.g. ibase_pconnect()

php is unlike java in that there is a share nothing architecture and that
the whole php environment esentially dies after every request....

this FAQ from Oracle gives a hint as to the situation also:
http://www.orafaq.com/faqphp.htm#POOLING

sorry I can't be of more help - I have no experience with Java
or connection pooling as such.

Thanks.