Re: problems with session timeout

Pedro Henrique Calais wrote:
> I'm with the following problem:
> my PHP scripts takes a very long time to execute (about 3 hours) because
> it has has system call to a perl script that is very time consuming.

I would recommend either using & in the call to the Perl script, or
inserting whatever you need into a database and having cron (Google: man 5
crontab) run the Perl script or *ANYTHING* that doesn't tie up your HTTP
connection for 3 hours, and that relies on users not closing their
browser, or PHP's ignore_user_abort function which didn't work right in
some older versions in some weird cases or something like that...

Basically, it just seems silly to me to risk the three-hour job not
getting done if at all possible to avoid that.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm