Using a recursive ArrayIterator

Hello all

I need some assistance converting code to use the
RecursiveIterator in PHP 5 SPL. I have the following
function which scans through a nested array set and
returns the path to all matches.

<?php
function arraySearchRecursive($needle, $haystack,
$path="")
{
	foreach($haystack as $key=>$value)
	{
		$path .= "$key/";

		// unset the path once the end of the tree is
reached
		if (is_array($value))
		{
			arraySearchRecursive($needle, $value, $path);
			unset($path);
		}

		else
		{
			echo $path;
	 	}
    }
}
?>

I'm trying to convert this to use iterators as I
believe that may be faster/more efficient. However I'm
totally confused as to how to do it given the large
number of interfaces/classes and lack of
documentation. Could someone knowledgeable on the list
help me get started? Ideally I'd like a
framework/outline in pseudocode.

Thanks!

Kam