Re: Headers already sent error

Tim Burgan wrote:

Hello,

I'm receiving an error "Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by XXX".

In my php, I have a heap of code, then use header("Location: blah.php"); to redirect the user. I get this error on the webhost, but not on my local host.

I've searched and found that this can be caused by spaces after the closing php tag, but I don't have any.

What could this be?

Tim

Rest assured, *something* is getting output before you try that header() call. Anything outside of PHP tags (carriage rturns/line feeds/spaces) any echo or print.

To help you figure it out, try doing something like exit('STARTOFBODY'); instead of the header call. Then view the source of the ouput and see what precedes that

Chris