Re: PHP SOAP Client question

PHPDiscuss - PHP Newsgroups and mailing lists wrote:
The following wsdl file was provided to me.
http://64.122.63.81:5454/IfxService.wsdl

I first attempted to genrate the PHP classes using the following code...

<?php
require_once('SOAP/Client.php'); $wsdl=new SOAP_WSDL('http://64.122.63.81:5454/IfxService.wsdl);

// Look at the generated code... echo ( $wsdl->generateProxyCode() ); ?>

----------------------------------

I was expecting this code to generate a code makes use of the underlying
SOAP_Client class - that is I was expecting to see each functions.

It does make use of the underlying SOAP_Client class. the generated class is a subclass of the SOAP_Client class

a subclass inherited all methods from its superclass, unless these methods
need different functionality in the subclass they are not (should not) be
overloaded (or whatever the correct f****** term is in PHPland).

But what I found is this:

class WebService_IfxService_IfxService extends SOAP_Client

^--- the important bit!

it means that WebService_IfxService_IfxService is a SOAP_Client
class and has all the methods available for use that are defined in
the class definition for SOAP_Client.

{
function WebService_IfxService_IfxService()
{
$this->SOAP_Client("http://64.122.63.81:5454/IfxService.asmx";, 0);
}
function &IfxRequest($IFX) {
$IFX =& new SOAP_Value('{}IFX','',$IFX);
return $this->call("IfxRequest", $v = array("IFX"=>$IFX), array('namespace'=>'https://www.cashsystemsinc.com/ifx/150/bindings',
'soapaction'=>'https://www.cashsystemsinc.com/ifx/150/WebService/IfxRequest',
'style'=>'document',
'use'=>'literal' ));
}
}

Any Idea what is going on here?

think I do (although I have never touched SOAP and have little experience with code generators!) I hope that my comments give you a little insight too :-)