Re: Re: [NEWBIE GUIDE] For the benefit of new members

Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
Is it only me, or are the number of posts about posts now out-numbering
the number of 'real' posts?... :-^
[/snip]

I cannot be sure, so we must need a poll. And is a post about posts not
really real or does it have some sort of existential non-sameness?

We could always demand that posts about posts have a PHP TIP or TRICK
attached. I know of another mailing list that does this with regards to
off-topic posts (requires the honor system). Someone even harvests the
tips and re-posts them as a whole on a weekly basis.

Now Jay that is simply a ridiculous suggestion. Certainly we do not have too many posts about posts.

Oh and by the way, whenever I'm creating the skeleton of a new class I will usually insert the following code snippet into the functions to let me know I have to come back and actually implement it later.

if ($class = __CLASS__) {
trigger_error(__CLASS__ . '::' . __FUNCTION__ . ' is not finished.', E_USER_WARNING);
} else {
trigger_error(__FUNCTION__ . ' is not finished.', E_USER_WARNING);
}

-- Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2