Re: Re: [NEWBIE GUIDE] For the benefit of new members

Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
I think that Justin Patrin started up a wiki for PHP, but he hasn't been

on the list in a while and I can't remember what the url for his wiki was. But he had a fair amount of useful code in there that would be a great start for this project.

AND ...

Yeah the list is pretty high volume... it would be great if we could help relieve the stress on the servers a bit.
[/snip]

Perhaps http://www.phpcommunity.org could put some of this stuff up?

Jay, seeing as your our their steering committee, you tell us :-) seems like a good place for it tho!

on top of having a place to dump cool stuff, newbie advice etc maybe we should
nominate a person to act as 'Chief Archiver' - responsibilities.

1. sending out a weekly 'refresher' mails (with links to newbie advice etc)
2. managing the content of the refresher (and linked to newbie advice)
3. hassling/encouraging quality posters to summarize cool idea/discussions/solutions
into wiki pages (assuming we use a wiki).
4. hassling/encouraging high-volume-posters and/or those people who
show advanced level of knowledge on any given subject to 'take control' of
certain pages/topics in the wiki (again assuming...).

or does the majority prefer anarchy? (heh, its a choice! ;-)