From: Richard Lynch [mailto:ceo@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 12:41 PM
To: Matt Babineau
Subject: Re:  Multiple select boxes - select in one box, populate from
DB in second with no refresh!

Matt Babineau wrote:
> I know this has been covered a lot but my searching has resulting in
> not much success, was hoping someone had the link to a good page on this.
>
> I have on select box that when I select something in it I need the
> other select box to get vales from a database table with out having
> the page refresh. I have thought about the Iframe solution - does this
> work in Mozilla? Are there non-iFrame solutions?

If the page isn't refreshing, then you aren't using PHP, because PHP only
runs on the server.

JavaScript could do this, if you dump all possible values for the second box
out as part of JavaScript data.

I have no idea how iFrame works, but you can probably get JavaScript to work
right in Mozilla for this.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm