Re: Re: REPOST: Serving WML

Mikey wrote:
This link will probably help you out:
http://www.hawhaw.de/faq.htm

Lovely jubbly!  That is all I need now.

I just got through with talking to Virgin (phone company) and they have told
me that they have been having problems with their GPRS gateway over the past
few days, and having checked I can't even see their own pages!!! So, maybe
my pages are OK after all.

Again, thanks a lot for the link - anyway of avoiding the steep part of the
learning curve is good with me.

Mikey

Mikey: I'm not sure what your exact goals are here. If email is all you need (which is what I was after as well) I found a cool shortcut. You can just set up your server to page your phone with SMS whenever you get email. You'll need to look into your provider's webpage to see the exact process, but basically there is an "inbox" for each phone number/account and you can send emails through SMS / MMS in that way. Obviously if you want to be able to receive anything but text you'll need MMS.

-- Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2
STFM | http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php