Re: How to load PDF file page by page

Deepak Dhake wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to read large PDF file and outputs it but the PDF
> file should load page by page before it completely downloads.

I think that's more of an Adobe question than PHP, really...

I vaguely recall that you could make this happen (only?) if you were using
not just a plain PDF, but a PDF with PDI (FDI???) where, essentially, your
PDF file references *other* PDF files, and those get sucked down
separately.

Note that this is the big-time feature where you have to PAY MONEY for
libPDF and similar products, as I recall.  IE, without this feature, it
was free/cheap, but if you wanted this, you'd pay (more).

Since I never needed this feature, I only skimmed through it all, and
could be completely wrong.

Also note that, almost for sure, when you send out the "main" PDF, and
then that PDF sucks down all the other PDFs, you are really chewing up a
*LOT* of HTTP connections opening and closing.  Seems kind of expensive to
me for the sake of showing the user one page/part of a giant PDF in
advance...

At that point, it seems to me you'd better serve the end user by having
separate PDF files, if at all possible, and let them download the parts
they want, or just warn them it will be awhile to download... YMMV  NAIAA
IANAL

It's REAL easy to bloat PDF files very fast, and having monster PDF files
seems like a Bad Idea (tm) to me, in general.  I'm sure there are specific
cases where it's the Right Answer and your needs may well be one of them
-- I just want to make sure you understand the ramifications before you go
down the garden path.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm