Re: Re: Windows CLI and task scheduler

Jason Barnett wrote:
> Dominic Schanen wrote:
>> I changed the scheduled task to use php.exe instead of php-win.exe and
>> that cleared up the errors with unloading the profile that were
>> appearing in the application log. Could this possibly be a bug with
>> php-win.exe and not cleaning up properly?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dominic
>>

> Honestly, I don't know why you would choose php-win.exe over php.exe.  I
> use php.exe for command line scripting as well as scheduled tasks and it
> has always functioned like I expected it to.  Does anyone else have
> input here on why to choose php-win over php?

For debugging, it's useful to have the MS-DOS window stay open, with any
error output, and I *think* that's what php-win.exe does.

So, use php-win.exe for debugging, and switch to php.exe for production.

I personally always just opened up an MS-DOS window to start the php.exe
though, and found that "easy enough" to use for both.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm