Re: debugging

Justin French wrote:
On 19/01/2005, at 10:51 PM, Marek Kilimajer wrote:

I use simple define('DEBUG', true'); in the main config file where also database login info is stored.

I like to use exactly the same files for both development and live servers... it makes it much easier to mirror the site via FTP, commit via SVN, etc.

I solved that little problem by letting the global include file try to include debug.php which if not found causes the code to define DEBUG to false (because DEBUG is not defined). debug.php simply defines DEBUG to true - debug.php is not in CVS :-) nevermore a production site in DEBUG mode! its a little safeguard, really this should be taken care of by propering tagging, release schedules, QC etc. not that have much experience in hardcore cvs/svn management (not really the right list either :-)

--- Justin French, Indent.com.au justin.french@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Web Application Development & Graphic Design