Re: Re: Delay at first use of OpenSSL functions

Vladas Shukevichus wrote:
Thanks a lot for such a superb explanation!
It's clear now why OpenSSL gather entropy for such a long time, it just doesn't
have any external source of it.
But I still need my scripts run as fast as possible :)
There are Windows 2003 + IIS6, so there are no any dev/random device,
OpenSSL use by default...
Would you be so king to point what can be done to make OpenSSL work on
Windows as fast as it work on Unix with a kernel-level entropy source?

You have to change openssl sources to use a faster alternative and recompile.