Re: Simple question: $_POST

Stuart Felenstein wrote:
> When using $_POST vars is it required that a form is
> used ?
>
> In other words I can create an href link and echo
> variable and pick them up using $_GET in the following
> page.
>
> No so with $_POST ?

Google for "PostToHost and Rasmus Lerdorf" if you want to use PHP to send
POST data (IE, to "forge" filling in a FORM)

You can also use JavaScript to create a FORM, I think, and then fill in
all the stuff, and then 'submit' it, if you trust JavaScript to work right
and want to learn JavaScript enough to get it working...

You can also make your FORMs use METHOD="GET" to send the data as $_GET
instead of $_POST

I'm not sure if any of these address what you really want to know, but
they may help.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm