Re: Trouble with Apache 2.0, PHP and MySQL

Phillip S. Baker wrote:
Greetings all,

I am runnign into a strange problem.
I am working on a Linux box.
Running PHP 4.2.2
Apache 2.0
And it has MySQl installed on it (not sure of the version.

I ran a quick script to check to make sure the connection to the DB is
working fine as this is a very secure connection (have to do 2 SSH tunnesl
to get in.)

<?php
$link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'some_un', 'some_pw');
if (!$link) {
   die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}
echo 'Connected successfully';
mysql_close($link);
?>

However when I ran that I got an error saying that mysql_connect is an
undefinied function??? This has got me stumped. I checked the php.ini to
make sure that mysql is turned on (which it is by default now). Nothing I
can see is telling me other wise.

 Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
/home/aiastudios/htdocs/mysql.test.php on line 13

I have noticed that on the phpinfo();
That there is no section for Mysql, which I thought was odd.

So it seems to me that mysql is disabled or something but I cannot see how
to turn it on.
Any help here would be appreciated.

mysql support is not installed. how did you install?