Encoding problems using phpMyAdmin

I seem to have problems getting phpMyAdmin showing shift_jis properly, after upgrading to PHP5 on my FreeBSD box. mySQL is running version 4.1.8.

My application works excellent, the problem only exist in phpmyadmin.

Anyone ran into this problem before ? I've tried to google for it, but didnt really find anything on it ?

I did as a test update the phpmyadmin sourcecode to force shift_jis charset rather than UTF8 which it seems to prefer, to no apparent difference.

--
Lars B. Jensen, Internet Architect

CareerCross Japan
Japan's premier online career resource for english speaking professionals

http://www.careercross.com