Re: geographic search engine

For those who were asking about UK post code mapping

http://ibWebAdmin.lsces.co.uk/FirebirdFederationDataArchive.html

I've added the GB_POSTAREA table with some 3000 primary postal area entries, all with XY coordinates which can be used on www.multimap.com
As yet these are a local metric grid rather than Latitude and Longitude but they work well for distance comparison in the UK, and multimap use the same thing on all their world maps.

You can download a CSV dump using the instructions provided, all PHP into Firebird ;)
There is also a Firebird backup if people want it - eMail requests at the moment so I can keep load down :)

I am waiting for some of the tables including the US zip table. I have a UK full postcode table in multimap format, but it's 200Mb! So 'not just yet'.

--
Lester Caine