Re: php5 threadsafe / apache2 mpm=worker

Jason Morehouse wrote:
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone is using the apache worker module with php?

I've complied php5 with zend threadsafe support, and apache2 with the
MPM worker module on a Linux box.  Everything seems sweet.
mysqli_thread_safe() reports true... anyone know if this configuration
may include modules that aren't threadsafe?

if you use phpmodules that aren't threadsafe then use the prefork apache module. or face segfault hell or at least unwanted behaviour.

anyone care to correct me? (i.e. this is what I have gathered from
reading the internals mailinglist and from various people/friends/colleagues who are versed in these matters - I may have got the wrong of the stick!)

I can't say which modules are threadsafe or not - I would have to look it up - which you can probably do just as quickly yourself :-)

with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs with-gd enable-gd-native-ttf with-pspell with-zlib with-freetype-dir with-curlwrappers with-mime-magic with-curl enable-shmop with-jpeg-dir with-mcrypt=/usr/lib with-mysqli enable-magic-quotes with-enable-sockets enable-roxen-zts

Thanks,
-J