Re: mysql improved extensions affected_rows

Tom wrote:

It correctly updates 4 rows, but returns 1 as the count.

I think that this may actually be a mysql issue - I've put the same php/apache configs onto another similar box, the only difference being that the second box is mysql 5.0.1, whereas the problem is reported against 5.0.0 (both alpha's!). The correct value is returned from the

what do you expect with alpha software (rhetorical question, not a dig!), I'd be surprised if there are any devs out there who have spent any serious time testing the mysqli extension again 5.0.x - regardless of whether this is a bug in php or mysql.

brave man to go out there on the bleeding edge! you experience may prove useful to the mysqli devs, something to bare in mind as you come accross more problems (which you probably will!)

good luck!

second  box.

Thanks

Tom