sending attachment by email - can't find a bug?

I have a form and once the form is submitted, php code build csv file with entered information and store it on server in temp file. Then send this file as an attachment to me. Code to send an attachment is included in main code.
The code to store csv file works fine.
I'm getting the attachment in email but can't open the file: "Alert: Unable to read the file".
Then I tried to create txt file and got the same result. Actually, I was able to open attached file but the file was empty?!?
Then accidentally, I changed the code back to create csv file but didn't change in code to send an attachment. after submitting the csv file was created but got by email earlier created txt file - and it works fine. I was able to open it?!?
My conclusion: I can't send just created file, but later, as a second process - it works just fine. And that means, code to send an attachment works as well.

Any ideas?