Re: delete part of array

Hello Jochem,

J> heh but who says I'm not a bar steward ;-)

<grin> I'll take a beer then! I need one after today.

J> sorry if it came accross a little harsh, but I stand by the point
J> that the onus is on the person asking the question to give an
J> indication as to what he has done to try and help him/her-self -
J> spoonfeeding is for babies, not programmers.

I apologize too. Here I am, the moderator and owner of five other
lists harping on my users to not reply too quickly, and here I go and
do it.

Isn't that one of the moderator credos though? "Do as I say, not as I
do?" :-)

I agree that handing someone the silver platter every time they ask
isn't the right way to do it, but I don't mind sharing what I've
learned either.

J> so my point stands - if your going to help why not grab the nearest
J> shell and test by way of a php -r '<test-code>'? takes just along
J> as writing both versions in the mail and makes _you_ look better
J> IMHO.

True 'nuff.

J> indeed it is! thanks for the tip :-) ,

np.... :-)

J> I might add though that people choose a close/fast mirror rather
J> than www.php.net itself to help offload some of the traffic - my
J> preferred mirror is always way faster the www.php.net, which is a
J> nice when your hitting the manual 20+ times a day.

I can agree with that. I'll fix mine.

J> BTW: took me a few mins to figure out where to set this: in the
J> bookmarks details dialog (via the bookmark manager - and possibly
J> other routes) if anyone else is interested.

Do you reckon you can handle two "I think"'s is a 24 hour period?
<grin>

I think you can do this in IE too, but it's more difficult. When I
used to use IE way back when, I think I set up google as my search
engine instead of MSN and did something like that.

It coulda all been a dream too... :-)

J> I personally couldn't tell what exactly he wanted to filter out of
J> his array (false, '' or NULL) or whether he cared about the
J> difference in this case. I was merely trying to encourage porper
J> understanding of the function rather than using something which
J> works under the current conditions

I wasn't quite sure either but thought I'd give it a shot.

At any rate, getting OT.

Talk at you later. It's time to go home and play with the baby's mama.

--
Leif (TB lists moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 3.0.2.3 Rush under Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 2 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB