Re: [HAB] Force Browsers to encode in utf8

OOzy Pal wrote:
Dears,

My html templates are encoded using utf-8. When the
browser reads the files as .html it encodes it fine
and my characters looks fine. However, when php reads
the files and sends them to the browser the files
looks ugly and unreadable. How can I force the broswer
to encode the pages in utf-8.

does it help if you add the following statement to your php file(s):

header("Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8");

the call to header must occur before any output is done.
also you may wish to investigate the usage of (and your current settings of) the follow ini settings:

mbstring.internal_encoding
mbstring.encoding_translation
mbstring.internal_encoding
default_charset

I don't profess to have a good grip on charsets/encoding/transcoding etc and I've yet to find an article that I can get my head round...
can anyway out there confess to actually understanding this stuff - Im very interested!

===== Regards, OOzy

What is the purpose of life?
does there need to be a purpose?