Re: Is this a bug?

Rory McKinley wrote:
Hi

Probably a trivial question

While trying to use mysqli on my dev machine, PHP returns the following:

Fatal error: Trying to clone an uncloneable object of class mysqli

After STFW I have found a solution that involves swiching off compatibility with Zend Engine 1 in php.ini.

However, after going to bugs.php.net, it seems that it has not been logged as a bug.

So, the question would be - do I log it or am I wasting their time?

I think they will probably disregard it, I believe that when Ze1compat mode is on the object is at some time being truely copied where under 'normal' situations (ie. using the ZE2 object model) assigning the object to another var will merely create a reference - since, apparently, creating a copy of the object is not allowed you get the error when the engine trys to clone it (when you assign the created object to another var, possibly when returning it from a function/method).

Also I recommend switching off ZE1Compat mode if you don't need - it means you get all the cool stuff from PHP5 - like proper object referencing (i.e. no more worries about using ampersand to pass objs by reference etc)