Re: Re: Get name of extending class with static method call

Jochem Maas wrote:
Mehdi Achour wrote:

Because it's a change, that should be reverted, or documented.

don't top post - its bad form and many people ignore topposts.
Mehdi is right to say that debug_backtrace() has changed - but so has the whole engine - I don't think that function was ever meant to be used in the way Morten was (or was it Torsten?). its clearly for debugging, no?

Ah - but I was only checking out a previous tip on the subject. I wasn't actually trying to implement a fix using debug_backtrace().
Good heavens, no! It would be far to ineffective.

and yeah, everything should be documented - but are you going to do? :-)

didou

why do you think they'd respond with something else than "ask at php.generals" ?

bogus! - this is not a case of someone not knowing/understanding existing functionality. its a case of him missing something which quite a few people think should be available to PHP users, ofcourse the developers are entitled to disagree. actually I read php-dev like a zealot (brilliant way to learn about php) and I see the chap in question has posted his question and already got one answer... which didn't mention php-general at all ;-)