Re: Error loading extension dlls in WindosXP for PHP4.3.10

--- Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some questions for you:
>
> Does it REALLY have an extra .dll on the end in the
> message?
> Perhaps somebody goofed up somewhere, but rip of the
> '.dll' in your
> php.ini and see what happens...
>
> Did the php_xmlrpc.dll you have COME WITH the EXACT
> SAME php distribution?
>
> If it's from some other version, do *NOT* try to
> mix-n-match it.
>
> Worse than having it not work at all, is having it
> work flawlessly until
> you try to use the function that changed in that DLL
> between 4.x.y and
> 4.x.z!
>
> Where the PHP DLLs are located *should* be set in
> php.ini, but one first
> has to be *sure* your php.ini file is being used.
>
> Take a step back and turn off all the extensions and
> change something
> innocuous in php.ini like the syntax highlighting
> colors (remember the old
> settings) and load up a <?php phpinfo();?> page.
>
> Did your settings take effect?
>
> If not, where is PHP looking for php.ini? (at the
> top of phpinfo output)
>
> That's where your php.ini file has to go.
>
> *THEN* you can change php.ini and put your PHP
> extensions where they
> belong, which is almost for sure not down in your
> Windows\System32
> directory (shudder).

Well Richard, I could able to solve it by copying all
dlls into Windows\System32 directory. But still not
sure why I need to copy all dlls into system32
directory though I have mentioned in php.ini file that
extension_directory=c:\PHP4\extensions.

regards,
Ranjan