From: Jerry Kita [mailto:jskita@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:03 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Apache 2.0 and Sessions

Stephen Craton wrote:
> I just updated to Apache 2.0 and have gotten PHP all with it. However, I
> just loaded up a script that worked fine on my old Apache 1.3 install but
is
> now causing my errors. Here's the error:
>

> Warning: session_start():
> open(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\\sess_8c53cb2382f75076c51ed4b3edece36b, O_RDWR)
failed:
> No such file or directory (2) in D:\htdocs\payments\index.php on line 8
>
> Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers
> already sent (output started at D:\htdocs\payments\index.php:8) in
> D:\htdocs\payments\index.php on line 8
>

> I don't see why it's happening, especially since I went into php.ini (I'm
on
> Windows XP) and changed session.save_patch to this:
>

> session.save_path = "C:/PHP/sessiondata"
>

> Can anyone give me some input here? I think I see the problem, the whole
> double back slash in the file location, but I don't see how to fix that.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stephen Craton

Stephen,

Not sure I can see your error either but here's a thought that might be
useful. I run Apache 2.0 on my laptop with PHP 4.3.4. Sessions work fine
for me. For various reasons I chose to set my "session.save_path" at the
beginning of every script and it works fine. Here's the line of code I use:

session_save_path('c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\tmp');

Again .... it doesn't answer the question you're asking but it might be
an approach that's easy for you to implement. I do it via an include().

--
Jerry Kita

http://www.salkehatchiehuntersville.com

email: jskita@xxxxxxxxxxxxx