Re: client information

Greg Donald wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:10:37 -0800 (PST), Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> > what i need to know if its possible to find out more information about
>> > the client, like in linux the DISPLAY variable of the client ?
>>
>> It's incredibly unlikely that Linux browsers provide this info to the
>> web
>> server, so it's not going to be available to PHP.
>
>> php -r 'system("set|grep DISPLAY");'
> DISPLAY=65-86-94-210.client.dsl.net:0.0

-r isn't listed in my php -h, so I dunno what it does, but...

I don't think that's the DISPLAY environment variable set by the CLIENT
surfing from their Linux box is it?

Is that not the DISPLAY you, the webmaster, are using for your shell?

Which, in the case of a PHP Module of Apache, is most likely '' since the
server probably doesn't even have X on it, much less a shell environment
for the 'apache' User, much less a default DISPLAY variable set for that
user...

Try putting your code on your web server and surfing to it.  What do you
get as output?

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm