Re: client information

Bruno Santos wrote:
Hello all.

I have a problem that i hope to solve with php. i know that, using $_SERVER['xxx'] is possible to find some information about the client who is accessing the script.
what i need to know if its possible to find out more information about the client, like in linux the DISPLAY variable of the client ?
if i make a system call, i get the server information and thats not what i want ?
if not with php,
it's not. PHP is a SERVER-side language, this means that it just has to do with all info that is sent to it. All info that is sent to it, are the HTTP "request headers". Request headers are quite small, and usually don't contain too much info. Specific info like the DISPLAY variable are not included there.
is possible to do it with javascript ?
well, since I don't know what the "DISPLAY variable" is, I can't say if it can or can't. However, a lot of things you can't do with PHP can be done with JS (especially things like getting more info about the browser/system)

thanx in advance

Bruno Santos